    that I can hand-edit to change the volume setting?

    Thanks
    Carl

    Carl Witthoft, Mar 20, 2007

  2. Go to "System Preferences" in the Apple Menu. When that opens, select
    "Sound".You can adjust the volume from there. You might also want to
    check the "Show volume in menu bar" box, so you can make volume
    adjustments without going to System PReferences.

    HTH,

    Dave Fritzinger, Mar 20, 2007

  3. Carl Witthoft

    Paul Sture Guest

    I have no direct answer, but when I had that problem with a PC at work
    in a shared office, I simply plugged in some spare headphones. I could
    hear alerts myself, but nobody else could.

    Paul Sture, Mar 20, 2007
  4. No, I know all that -- as I said, I've even played w/ the MIDI tool,
    which gets me a little more range.

    This issue has popped up at macfixit, so maybe someone over there will
    come up w/ a useful hack.

    Carl Witthoft, Mar 22, 2007
  5. Carl Witthoft

    Guest Guest