    of 6 nforce2 boards and couldnt get any to 200mhz, i dont want to have
    to use a kt600 chipset cause of the whole pci/agp divider thing.. ill
    be attempting to get a 2500 barton to 3200, thanks for any help.

    Steve Vai, Sep 23, 2003

  2. Steve Vai

    rstlne Guest

    If you were looking at a review saying that the nforce2 boards couldnt get
    to 200mhz then I would say that intel paid high dollar for it..

    a7n8x-delux
    mine will run above 200mhz just fine

    rstlne, Sep 23, 2003

  3. Steve Vai

    S.Heenan Guest

    The Abit NF7 Rev2 or NF7-S Rev2. Also the Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.

    S.Heenan, Sep 23, 2003
  4. Steve Vai

    Wes Newell Guest

    The following chipsets officially support a 200MHz FSB.

    Nvidia nforce2 400
    Nvidia nforce2 ultra 400
    VIA KT600
    SIS748
    You can find any of these for under $60.

    The SIS746FX is also reportedd to work at speeds well over 200MHz too, and
    while not official from SIS, the K7S8X board (with sis746fx) has default
    settings for 200MHz. You can find this for under $50.

    Wes Newell, Sep 23, 2003
  5. Steve Vai

    Wes Newell Guest

    That's an old review of the original NF2 chipset boards. (Dec. 2002).

    Wes Newell, Sep 23, 2003
  6. Steve Vai

    Steve Vai Guest

    Steve Vai, Sep 23, 2003
  7. Steve Vai

    Hank Guest

    Brown bag it for a couple of days and then add the 16 bucks you saved doing
    that to your sub $100 MB kitty and get the Abit NF7- S for $115

    hANK

    Hank, Sep 23, 2003
  8. Steve Vai

    Steve Vai Guest

    what about the board i posted in the post above? it doesnt say -s
    version but it seems to have everything that version has no?

    Steve Vai, Sep 24, 2003
  9. Steve Vai

    Hank Guest

    Well about the only thing I see that it lacks is "Official " support of 400
    FSB and also firewire. Some one correct me if I'm wrong.

    Hank

    Hank, Sep 24, 2003
  10. Steve Vai

    Steve Vai Guest

    shit, i just spent the last 14 hours looking up a few reviews from
    each board and none of them are guarenteed to be stable at 200mhz
    FSB... some crash on 3dmark, some on prime95, some opening internet
    explorer! i'm gonna start looking at intel solutions, i dont want to
    have to cause the amd processors kick intel in the ass but shit the
    motherboards arent up to snuff. it's a toss up, a cross your fingers
    and hope the thing works at 200.

    Steve Vai, Sep 24, 2003
  11. Steve Vai

    Wes Newell Guest

    These are the only socket A chipsets that OFFICIALLY support a 200MHz FSB.

    SIS748
    KT600
    NF2 400
    NF2 Ultra 400.

    That's it. And the cheaper single channel NF2 400 chipset will outperform
    the dual channel chipset in a majority of benchmarks. These boards can be
    had for under $60.

    Wes Newell, Sep 24, 2003
  12. Steve Vai

    Steve Vai Guest

    i looked them up but it's mostly hit or miss trying to be stable at
    200mhz fsb, after reading several reviews it seems like the
    Soltek 75FRN2-L is the best bet, 215mhz fsb stable seems to be the
    norm using top of the line ram, so atleast i know that board will do
    it whether or not the ram will be stable at 200 (even though it
    should, it is ddr3200) is another story...atleast it eliminates the
    board as the suspect. thanks for your help wes...

    Steve Vai, Sep 24, 2003
  13. Steve Vai

    rstlne Guest

    shit, i just spent the last 14 hours looking up a few reviews from
    I think you should buy an intel board
    that way you can post stoopid shit in the intel group

    rstlne, Sep 24, 2003
  14. Steve Vai

    Steve Vai Guest

    can you help me? you seem to post a lot of it.

    Steve Vai, Sep 24, 2003
  15. Steve Vai

    dr_hardwrae Guest

    Running a NF7-S Rev 2.0 (the only rev available now), has NF2-Ultra 400,
    supports 200 MHz FSB and am running it at 220 MHz with great stabilty (have
    had it up to 230 MHz stable, but the memory had to be slowed down).

    The plain NF7 supports 200 MHz FSB and doesn't have the SATA, Firewire, or
    SoundStorm.

    dr_hardwrae, Sep 24, 2003
  16. Steve Vai

    Steve Vai Guest

    what kind of ram? i'm wondering if any old DDR400 ram will run at
    200fsb on it, seems like it should, just not any higher... another
    thing with looking for those boards is the one to get is rev 2, but
    none of the sites say if they have rev 2 or not...

    Steve Vai, Sep 25, 2003
  17. Steve Vai

    dr_hardwrae Guest

    I'm using OCZ PC3500 EL @ 7-3-3-2.0 timing. It runs rock stable at 220 MHz,
    have to set it to CAS 2.5 for higher FSB. I've heard great things about
    Buffalo memory, which is very inexpensive at www.newegg.com .

    As far as the REV 2.0, that's all that's available now. The reason it's not
    mentioned is because the earlier rev's were discontinued about 5-6 months
    ago.

    dr_hardwrae, Sep 25, 2003
  18. Steve Vai

    rstlne Guest

    I think you should buy an intel board

    It's just that you started this thread by saying you want a sub 100$ board
    that does 200mhz fsb..
    someone list a whole slew of boards that support it and you reply with (no
    they dont, not guaranteed) or something to that effect..

    So then after about 10 or so other post by different peole talkign about
    their 200 or 200+ mhz fsb systems you still say that they are all going to
    be hit or miss at 200mhz..

    It seems to me that your so unhappy with the chipsets and products offere'd
    up that you probably wouldnt be happy after getting the product even if it
    met the spec. So I think that you should buy a intel.

    I think the nf2 400 boards are pretty good, my only issue is with the bios
    of the nf2 400 boards.. but all in all any user should be able to get this
    system, ram, and processor and get it up and going without any trouble..

    rstlne, Sep 25, 2003
  19. Steve Vai

    Steve Vai Guest

    correct, some reviews said they could and some said they couldn't...
    whick means it is not guarenteed to run at 200mhz, if it was then it
    would hit 200 without batting an eye everytime like my kt333 does
    100mhz fsb
    like i said above.

    i think so too, but on second thought their processors are locked...
    but on third thought their motherboards work at advertised fsb speeds.

    cool, no hard feelings...didn't mean to sound like a dick, i was first
    under the impression that this new slew of barton supported
    motherboards ran 200mhz fsb no problem, then i went looking for a
    board and to my surprise it isn't so... anyhow i have decided on the
    Soltek SL-75FRN2-RL ....newegg has it for $94 hopefully it works if
    not oh fckin well huh...

    Soltek Motherboard for AMD Processors Model SL-75FRN2-RL
    Specifications:
    Supported Cpu: AMD Socket-462 Athlon XP / Athlon / Duron processor
    Chipset: nVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400 (nForce2 SPP) + MCP
    FSB: 400/333/266 MHz
    RAM: 3 x 184-pin DDR DIMM, Supports 6 banks up to 3GB DRAMs for
    Unbuffered DDR SDRAM Module up to DDR 400
    IDE: 2 x PCI Bus Master UATA 133/100/66 IDE ports (up to 4 ATAPI
    Devices)
    Serial ATA RAID: 2 Channel Promise PDC-20376
    Slots: 1 x AGP 8X/4X Slot, 5 x 32-bit PCI Bus Master Slots
    Ports: 1 x Floppy, 2 x serial, 1 x Parallel, 2 x PS2, 2 x USB, 1 x
    Audio/Game no

    Steve Vai, Sep 25, 2003