    sale/trade/free?

    Many thanks

    Ian.

    dna-7e6g, Jan 31, 2007

  2. 9-track or QIC? By now, the bits might be rotting off tapes from that era..

    You had better specify which architecture you want as well, they had
    seperate distributions for each (sun3, sun3x, sparc).

    I think the CD-ROM images are loads quicker to install though, though
    not many were produced on CD-ROM.

    Doug McIntyre, Jan 31, 2007

  3. dna-7e6g

    Paul E Coad Guest

    Even more a problems is the drive. The Big Black Wheel will turn to
    Black Goo TM within minutes of starting to read the tape.
    I have a couple of sparc and sun3 distributions on tape, but no trusted
    drives. :-( That being said check out the Sun3 archive for tape images.
    These turn up occasionally. The sun3x versions are rarer than the sparc
    versions. Last week I found a copy of Solaris 1.1.2 (SunOS 4.1.4) at
    $WORK. Look for Solaris 1.x for SunOS on cdrom.

    A better alternative would be netboot.

    --paul

    My is valid coad sonic net
    address not use: at dot

    Paul E Coad, Jan 31, 2007
  4. dna-7e6g

    Huge Guest

    I have a DC6150 drive that anyone is welcome to, for the P&P. (I'm
    in the UK).

    They can have a big bag of tapes, too, if I can find a way to bulk erase
    them, else they have to be destroyed, I'm afraid.

    Huge, Jan 31, 2007
  5. dna-7e6g

    dna-7e6g Guest

    Sun 3 would be preferred if its available? I do have various working
    QIC drives
    eg the older QIC-02, and QIC-11 drives. They appear to be OK.

    Ian.

    dna-7e6g, Feb 1, 2007
  6. I only have copies myself for sun3/sun3x..

    But sun3arc is backup, and the images are available online.

    http://www.sun3arc.org/BootTapes/index.phtml

    The Sun3 zoo is good too

    http://www.sun3zoo.de/en/

    Doug McIntyre, Feb 2, 2007