    Does anyone know of other UsB host controllers?

    TIA,
    Allan

    Allan Herriman, Sep 7, 2010

  2. Allan Herriman

    Chris Maryan Guest

    MPC8308 and a bunch of other chips in the MPC8xxx family. That gets
    you 0.8mm pitch BGAs. Somewhere there may be a 1mm pitch BGA processor
    with the features you want. But if you want TQFP or something like
    that, I doubt that you'll find anything at all with PCIe.

    Chris

    Chris Maryan, Sep 7, 2010

  3. Sorry I didn't make it clearer - I'm not after a processor, just a
    peripheral to attach to a single lane of PCIe.

    0.8mm pitch BGA would be fine.

    I've also seen plenty of plug in PCIe cards that have a PCIe to PCI
    bridge, then a PCI to 4 (or more) host ports of USB. That would get the
    job done, but I'm after a single chip due to area constraints.

    Cheers,
    Allan

    Allan Herriman, Sep 8, 2010