    are AGP going to be discontinued?

    Thanks

    Roger

    Roger Papadopoulos, Nov 10, 2006

  2. It's hard to say it seems. Everytime sceptics say AGP is dead,
    some manufacturer pops up with a high end version of the current GPU,
    then a slew of mid to low end cards follow. Going from a 5700 Ultra to
    a 7600GS would be a nice upgrade IMO. Newegg has some instock now.
    They start at $128.99, and up. Check the GPU, and memory clocks
    though. They seem to be different between different manufactures.

    Larry Roberts, Nov 10, 2006

  3. Roger Papadopoulos

    Victor Guest

    Agp are usually more costly than the same pci express version.
    Make sure too buy one with ddr2 800mhz memory clock some are only ddr
    500.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814122011

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814145135

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130051