    I will be doing some video editing in HD as well as animation and
    such.

    Thanks

    daviddschool, Jun 22, 2008

  2. daviddschool

    daviddschool Guest

    Sorry, it is an AMD 3800+ dual core 64X2

    daviddschool, Jun 22, 2008

  3. daviddschool

    Augustus Guest

    Opteron 180 or 185 for S939....dual core 2Mb L2 and will easily o/c to
    2.8Ghz minimum. Make sure your mainboard and BIOS can support it. It may
    have to be flashed. On my son's budget AM2 Asus AVM build I bought an AM2
    5000+ Black edition that chugs along at 3.2Ghz with no BIOS mods and is
    quite fast.

    Augustus, Jun 22, 2008
  4. daviddschool

    daviddschool Guest

    Augustus,

    Jumping forum/boards - what a champ you are! I have the exact same
    board as your son - Asus AVM. My 3800+ although nice at the time,
    needs to be upgraded. I saw the 5000 series for around $100.00 cdn
    and thought it was a good deal - again, as you know I am using it for
    editing/animation so I wanted to see some increase in speeds in those
    areas.

    daviddschool, Jun 22, 2008
  5. daviddschool

    Augustus Guest

    It's a great performer, you can't beat it for price and perfromance. It
    basically will clock to the 6400+ level without isse and I highly recommend
    it. I stuck 4 Gig of PC6400 DDR2 and an Asus 9600GT in that particular build
    and it does anything and everything.

    Augustus, Jun 22, 2008
  6. daviddschool

    Augustus Guest

    It's a great performer, you can't beat it for price and perfromance. It
    I run his system clocked just a hair under 3.2Ghz with that 5000+ Black
    Edition by the way....

    Augustus, Jun 22, 2008
  7. daviddschool

    daviddschool Guest