    for contacting Gigabyte for warranty replacement?

    (Stupid thing had to got screwed up exactly 30 days after purchase -
    when the Fry's ruturn policy expired :( )

    Doorg Reater, Oct 23, 2003

  2. Doorg Reater

    Doorg Reater Guest

    Follow up:

    I have been able to get Windows XP to boot successfully, by ebabling
    one on-board feature at a time. Strange, when I enabled them all at
    once, I was not able to boot Windows - it would report errors writing
    to disk.

    OK so this seems to have been a problem with the Corsair Value Select
    memory and Windows and not the mainboard.

    Disabling all the on-board features triggered the Windows activation
    feature -- stupid Microsoft, I will have to call them on the phone,
    because they will not accept on-line activation -- I get the message
    that "this copy has been installed too often" -- which isn't true, I
    just had a whole bunch of mainboards failing in the last few months
    (MSI, Epox, Biostar).

    Doorg Reater, Oct 23, 2003