    OpSys is XP Pro. Same deal on my IBM laptop.

    Anyone have any insight or advice?

    TIA

    Gus, Dec 30, 2003

  2. Have you tried updating/reinstalling your Acrobat Reader program?
    It's a reach, I know, since two computers seem to be involved, but ...

    Does it happen with *all* PDF files you try to read online? Or does
    it happen with only those of a given origin/topic on one or several
    specific web sites?

    Since you've experienced the problem with three browsers and on two
    different computers/Acrobat Reader installations, the only possible
    constant would seem to be the *.pdf files themselves.

    Beyond that - if it happens to all PDF files you try to access online
    from both of your computers using all three browsers - it would seem
    to be apparent that the ghods have taken a dislike to you [Loki at
    least] and are having fun at your expense. ["Hey, guys; let's fsck
    over Gus this month!]

    Ogden Johnson III, Dec 30, 2003

  3. Gus

    Gus Guest

    Yup, downloaded & reinstalled ver. 6
    All files online - the key factor is invoking Acrobat within a browser
    If I right click & use the "Save file as ..." option, I can read the
    ..pdf file just fine & Acrobat seems fully functional.
    Thanks, my turn in the barrel, I guess (I hate it when that happens).

    Thanks for the feedback.

    Gus, Dec 31, 2003
  4. Gus

    S.Lewis Guest

    How are you connected to the internet? It would seem to me that given the
    same behavior over multiple machines and browsers, but not a problem when
    saving and opening offline....might indicate some sort of bizarre choking of
    a modem ... again, perhaps a stretch. (?)

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Dec 31, 2003
  5. open acrobat reader and agree to the license. until you do that it can
    appear stalled as the license acceptance window does not pop to the
    foreground... also, 6 is a resource pig, if you have limited memory they you
    will have problem with it.

    Christopher Muto, Jan 1, 2004
  6. Gus

    Gus Guest

    Hmmm, I'm connected via a cable modem (Optimum Online), who I've been
    with for 2+ years now. Absolutely no change in house concerning modem,
    cable service, router, etc.

    Gus, Jan 1, 2004
  7. Gus

    Gus Guest

    How do I get to the license? Just had Acrobat open and don't see any
    reference to it.
    I have 1 GB of RAM.

    Gus, Jan 1, 2004
  8. Gus

    S.Lewis Guest

    The common denominator is your connection as well as the .pdf file(s)
    itself. I love a good mystery. When you solve it, I hope you'll post back.

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Jan 1, 2004
  9. Gus

    Gus Guest

    Thanks, Stew, I appreciate your confidence in my debugging skills (wish
    I shared it). ;)

    I do have a dial up account and don't think I've tried that connection,
    but I will.

    Gus, Jan 1, 2004