    affecting the port?

    Thanks,
    Dave H.

    Dave H., Sep 29, 2004

  2. Dave H.

    Arno Wagner Guest

    Boot knippix (-> google) and try with Linux. If that works,
    it is Windows. If not, it is something else.

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Sep 29, 2004

  3. Dave H.

    Joseph Fenn Guest

    I personally use a/b switch box in the parallel port cable so I
    can switch it to whatever I want on power up. Extra Zip drove/
    Printer/CD-R/W burner. Actually its a A/b/C/D box so I have
    a choice of 4 items I can set the switch to before power up.
    Have no problems at all.
    Joe (aka kilroy)

    * Ham KH6JF AARS/MARS ABM6JF QCWA WW2 VET WD RADIO *
    * Army MARS State Coordinator for Hawaii *

    Joseph Fenn, Sep 29, 2004
  4. Dave H.

    Dave H. Guest

    Thanks for that, I tried that with a single parallel port, but having to
    reboot every time I wanted to do something different was a hassle (PC's
    always on) - hence two parallel ports! If I could get a serial driver for
    the MOTU I'd use its "Mac" port, but there seems not to be anything for it
    :eek:(

    Thanks, anyhow,
    Dave H.

    Dave H., Oct 1, 2004