Losing timer interrupts on StrongARM SA1110

Discussion in 'Intel' started by Izo, Feb 18, 2005.

  1. Izo

    Izo Guest

    When SA1110's OSMRx (timer match register) is set very short amount of
    timer ticks into the future, I suddenly lose all interrupts - both
    internal and external (GPIOx). All I know is that the OSCR (free running
    counter) continues to in such moment since I have activated the OSMR3 as
    watchdog to reset the processor and it worked after losing interrupts. I
    was not able to determine whether the processor continues to execute
    instructions or not.

    I have google'd for some information regarding the matter and all I have
    found was that the same problem exists on the PXA series also. No
    bullet-proof solution was ever mentioned, only the probability for this
    happening was improved at certain degree.

    Since I am forced to use the SA1110 in RealTime conditions with better
    than 99.999% availability I need to know whether there exists reliable
    solution for this problem or not.

    If somebody wants to contact me directly, my mail is: iztok dot kobal at
    iskrasistemi dot si

    Izo

    Izo, Feb 18, 2005