    Lost left sound on my Gigabyte P35-DS3L rear speaker output. The front panel
    connector works correctly.

    How do I troubleshoot to dtermine if the cause is hardware vs software?

    Keith, Nov 23, 2008

  2. Keith

    Keith Guest

    Forgot to add- I'm running Win XP sp3, using on the motherboard sound
    (realteck) -it was working - no software changes, then it stopped

    Keith, Nov 23, 2008

  3. Keith

    Kris Guest

    make sure the connector and cable are okay - ie - plug it into somehting
    else to verify that the plug is okay.

    if it is, you might try re-assigning the jack: unplug the offending plug
    and plug it into another jack and when it asks you what it is, tell it what
    you want it to be (front, side, or rear)
    hth
    --
    Kris
    ----------

    Kris, Nov 23, 2008
  4. Keith

    Keith Guest

    THANK YOU- reassigning the plug worked! I guess I have a bad jack. The cable
    checked out fine.

    Keith, Nov 23, 2008
  5. Keith

    Kris Guest

    Excellent!!! though very wierd that the jack went bad - maybe sometime
    eyball it up close to see if you can see anything amiss inside..... But I
    guess we should expect stuff like this to happen occasionally.
    --
    Kris

    Kris, Nov 23, 2008
  6. Keith

    Keith Guest

    I looked -could not see anything abnormal in the jack box.

    Keith, Nov 24, 2008
  7. Keith

    Kris Guest

    guess it just lost interest in life... oh well!

    Kris, Nov 24, 2008