    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2009
    I have the presario 5001R desk top. it has 64 mb memory, 750 Mhz Amd Duron Processor, 30 GB hard drive, and 56K Modem. what can I do to upgrade this system. I've alreadt added more memory. A friend of mine from Mississippi installed Windows XP on this system, but I had to restore the computer because the kids downloaded a virus. Can I install the vista program on here? If so how? If not , can someone tell me how to put the XP program back on here?

    DGHOSTON, Apr 11, 2009
  2. DGHOSTON

    ldavis3

    Okay, I hate to sound mean but your computer is horrid and vista would do nothing good for it. (It does nothing good for any comp) :p There is just about nothing that does not need updating, even if your just typing word documents or surfing the web.
    You could probably last with your hard drive, and you might want to tell us how much memory you installed, and we cant tell you what processor you need because we don't know what motherboard you have.

    I hope you misinterpreted you comp specs or the time is getting to me, because I feel bad for you XP.

    If I were you I would get/make a new computer.
    (Making one is so much cheaper)

    Depending on what you do you don't need anything extravagant depending on what your doing, and could probably get away with a 400$ (or less) pre-made comp. It would be a drastic improvement.

    PS: this is from what you told us, their is much more info about your comp.

    Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
    ldavis3, Aug 20, 2009