    Had anyone out there with a G5 iMac found that the fans sound a lot
    louder after applying the 10.3.7 update... or is it just me and my
    imagination?

    David, Jan 2, 2005

  2. David

    Greg Shenaut Guest

    It may be real. I noticed something similar after upgrading to
    Panther, and it was due to "Microtek Scanner Finder" taking way
    too many CPU cycles--the fan was running almost constantly.
    Disabling (and later installing a Pantherized version of) the
    Microtek driver fixed it.

    Greg Shenaut

    Greg Shenaut, Jan 2, 2005

  3. David

    matt neuburg Guest

    I didn't find this, but the G5 iMac fan problem is constantly being
    discussed on the Apple discussion boards, and I'd advise hanging out
    there a bit to see whether you can find any confirmation. m.

    matt neuburg, Jan 2, 2005