  1. Jack

    Jack Guest

    hi. can anyone recommend me any low-cost arm7, arm9 or xscale development boards?

    Jack, Sep 30, 2003

  2. hi. can anyone recommend me any low-cost arm7, arm9 or xscale development boards?

    What are your needs?

    Atmel EB40A - if you just need a basic, basic 32MHz ARM7 core with
    simple peripherals.

    Revely RMS101 (Sharp LH79520) <http://www.revely.com/> - if you need a
    more advanced 74MHz ARM7 SoC with LCD controller, SDRAM controller and
    other goodies. $199.

    The cheapest XScale board I know of is the Compulab (www.compulab.il)
    ARMcore evaluation kit at $1600-odd. Slightly more expensive is the
    Advantech PCM-7210 evaluation kit at $1950 (your choice of WinCE or
    Linux). You should be able to get the PCM-7210 board by itself without
    add-ons for about $1000, but I'm not sure of the exact price, it's
    been a while.

    Lewin A.R.W. Edwards, Sep 30, 2003

  3. Jack

    ralph Guest

    ralph, Sep 30, 2003
  4. Jack

    ZO Guest

    ZO, Oct 1, 2003
  5. Jack

    Buster Guest

    Buster, Oct 3, 2003
  6. Jack

    Nick Guest

    without having tried them myself I find simtecs boards very appealing
    for 99UKP and 199UKP respectively. does anyone have any experience
    with them ?
    http://www.simtec.co.uk/

    Nick, Oct 4, 2003
  7. Jack