    Cheers,
    AZ

    (note: PCI-X is not PCI-E aka PCI-Express).

    Artie Ziff, Feb 23, 2005

  2. Artie Ziff

    Paul Guest

    $186-$285

    http://www.giga-byte.com/Server/FileList/ProductImage/ga_7a8dw_800.jpg
    (I had some problems viewing this.)
    http://www.giga-byte.com/Server/Products/Products_ServerBoard_GA-7A8DW.htm

    This is a dual opteron board that uses the AMD 8131 PCI-X bridge.
    Note the size of the motherboard and the power connector type
    before buying. You'll need registered RAM as well.

    Have fun,
    Paul

    Paul, Feb 23, 2005

  3. Artie Ziff

    Paul Guest

    DFI 855GME-MGF $239 One PCI-X slot.
    http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2342&p=9

    Paul

    Paul, Feb 25, 2005
  4. Artie Ziff

    Rob Stow Guest

    Rob Stow, Feb 25, 2005
  5. Since you posted to the Supermico group also you could also try the
    P8SCT, P8SCi (E7221 (Copper River))
    P4SCT, P4SCT+II (i875p0

    all P4 boards in a similar price range as what others have posted.

    lesser Supermicro Xeon boards are also in this price range like the
    X5DPA-G (533MHz bus) & some other older Xeon boards with 64-bit PCI
    (if that is acceptable).

    Curious George, Mar 15, 2005