Low cost sensors (gas sensors)?

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Alex Gibson, Oct 29, 2006.

  1. Alex Gibson

    Alex Gibson Guest

    Bit stuck trying to find some low/lower cost gas sensors
    especially C02.

    By lower cost for gas sensors I mean sub US$200 if possible.

    For an existing application we are using the sensata/klixon (exTI)
    4GS series but in small quantities are just way to expensive and to large.

    A C02 sensor with 5 - 12% accuracy would be fine.
    Need to measure 0 - 2000ppm , 0 - 5000ppm and 0 - 10000ppm.

    The 4GS when calibrated are 3.75% accurate below 1500ppm.
    They can do 0 -2000 or 0 -5000.

    Part of the problem is the low quantity we are using
    (under 100 of each type per year) and some distributors(quite a lot)
    don't have pricing or bother giving pricing for this small an amount.

    Thats even though even a small order can be in the tens of thousands as
    some of the senors cost up to US$1500 ea.

    Mostly for air quality monitoring (indoor and outdoor) and water quality.

    For temperature and relative humidity the sension sht1x series
    are very good for the price.

    Accelerometers - reasonable range at reasonable pricing
    from analog and freescale and fairly easy to get in small quantities
    for vibration monitoring.
    And if you get stuck with a distributor , there is always sparkfun.com

    Any suggestions for low cost sensors and where to buy them
    in small quantities greatly appreciated.

    Thank you

    Alex Gibson

    Alex Gibson, Oct 29, 2006

  2. A colleague of mine makes CO2 sensors. Close to the
    200$ tag you wish.
    See http://www.mosway.ch

    Rene

    Rene Tschaggelar, Oct 29, 2006

  3. Alex Gibson

    Alex Gibson Guest

    Thank you

    Looks interesting but they don't seem to have an english version of the
    website.

    Thank you

    Alex

    Alex Gibson, Oct 29, 2006
  4. On Sunday, in article <>
    "Alex Gibson" wrote:

    Can't help with gas sensors.

    Lots of people make them, ST Micro, Memsic.......
    Even available from Digikey, Farnell etc....

    Paul Carpenter, Oct 30, 2006
  5. You can buy the GE/Telaire Ventostat online direct from GE starting at
    US$189, qty. 1.

    http://www.gesensing.com/products/telaireco2sensorswallmount.htm

    --Gene

    Gene S. Berkowitz, Oct 30, 2006
  6. Oops.
    A lot is fluff. Ask for an english datasheet.
    They are able.

    Rene

    Rene Tschaggelar, Oct 30, 2006
  7. Alex Gibson

    Tom Lucas Guest

    http://www.citytech.com/ These guys will work in low volumes and make
    good reliable sensors and cells.

    Tom Lucas, Oct 30, 2006
  8. Alex Gibson

    Alex Gibson Guest

    Great thank you to everyone that replied.
    Given me a few good leads.
    Thank you

    Alex

    Alex Gibson, Oct 30, 2006