    Vladimir Vassilevsky

    DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant

    http://www.abvolt.com

    Vladimir Vassilevsky, May 19, 2007

  2. Vladimir Vassilevsky

    DJ Delorie Guest

    Not built in, but R8C/24 (16bit, 48k flash, 52-LQFP, $3.60 qty100)
    plus a CP2200 (48-TQFP, $5.62 qty100) fits your other specs. The R8C
    is available in various flash/package combinations, if you want to
    fine-tune the cost/flash balance.

    Alternately, the M16C/30P - 16bit, 96K flash, 100-LQFP, $3.78 qty100.

    If you allow microchip peripherals, the ENC28J is $3.54 qty100.

    To save even more money, you can build gcc et al for the r8c/m16c/m32c
    platform and not have to pay any license fees for development tools.
    The r8c/m16c/m32c platform has a number of other development tool
    packages available also, like NC30 and IAR, and the gcc tools are
    supported via the FSF's mailing lists and two commercial support
    companies. (just in case anyone was wondering ;)

    DJ Delorie, May 19, 2007

  3. Vladimir Vassilevsky

    DJ Delorie Guest

    Also, CP2201 is cheaper - $4.77 qty100 - if you don't mind leadless
    packages (28-QFN).

    DJ Delorie, May 19, 2007
  4. Hi, all.

    What current low-cost (USD $5-$10 in 1K) options do I have for a flash
    microcontroller (8/16/32 bit) with a built-in 10-base-T ethernet
    MAC+PHY, and reasonable program memory (say 32K or 64K minimum)??
    Other than Microchip.

    Best regards,
    Spehro Pefhany

    Spehro Pefhany, May 19, 2007
  5. There are also 32-bit Renesas H8/300 parts (3062B "value
    series") with 128K of flash that come it at about $4.00 in low
    quantities.

    Grant Edwards, May 19, 2007
  6. Try the ASIX AX11015 - that's quite a capable 8 bit (100Mips) CPU
    with the ethernet 10/100Mbps MAC+PHY, and 128-512K Flash.

    Claims $4.99/10K, so likely to be at the cheaper end of your price.

    http://www.asix.com.tw/products.php?op=pItemdetail&PItemID=91;72;103
    http://www.eeproductcenter.com/micro/review/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=189401458

    -jg

    Jim Granville, May 19, 2007
  7. Vladimir Vassilevsky

    Oliver Betz Guest

    Spehro Pefhany wrote:

    BTW: did you intentionally not set a Followup-To?
    Maybe some new Coldfire derivatives, I'm not sure as IO don't need
    Ethernet. Atmel AT91SAM7X128 IIRC not "with MAC+PHY".

    Oliver

    Oliver Betz, May 19, 2007
  8. Thanks, Jim. I've run into that one in an IP camera, but didn't know
    the source. It even has the core regulator on chip.

    I've also found an HC12 with the peripherals. Thanks, guys.

    Best regards,
    Spehro Pefhany

    Spehro Pefhany, May 19, 2007
  9. Vladimir Vassilevsky

    Oliver Betz Guest

    Spehro Pefhany wrote:

    [...]
    Hmm... Make sure that the NE64 is available as long as your product
    will be produced.

    And consider broadcast messages - they can create much load for small
    micros.

    Oliver

    Oliver Betz, May 19, 2007
  10. Vladimir Vassilevsky

    pbreed Guest

    Try the Freescale MCF52234
    32 bits 256k flash, 32K ram, a/d i2c, spi, uarts, timers anethernet MAC and PHY.

    Paul

    pbreed, May 21, 2007
  11. Hi,

    there is nothing that beats the LPC2364 in price / performance. The
    only catch right now, limited availability. No on-chip PHY but an ARM7
    with 128k Flash 34k SRAM with Ethernet and USB for $3.99 @ 10k. Have a
    look at Digikey although they are out of this device but the pricing
    is there for smaller quantities. You might get a 128k Flash ARM7
    cheaper than a 64k PIC althoung it has more than 10 times the
    performance :)

    Robert

    RobertTeufelDUS, May 23, 2007
  12. It's attractive. What's the best deal for a PHY (only need 10-base-T)?
    ADM7001X? I guess the availability is a good match anyhow.

    Best regards,
    Spehro Pefhany

    Spehro Pefhany, May 23, 2007