    I have Dell Dimension 4550 with Windows XP (the comp is about 5 years
    old)

    Any thoughts?

    Leo, Oct 13, 2008

  2. Leo

    S.Lewis Guest

    Leo,

    What speakers are you using with your PC? Are they by any chance Dell ADA
    745's?

    Link to photo of the speaker set:
    http://www.multidator.se/images/products/ADA745.jpg

    If so, it may be the speakers themselves.

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Oct 13, 2008

  3. Leo

    Leo Guest

    These are Harmon/Carbon basic speakers that came with my computer.

    Leo, Oct 14, 2008
  4. Leo

    S.Lewis Guest

    These are Harmon/Carbon basic speakers that came with my computer.

    1) try plugging them into the CD/DVD headphone jack (with the drive volume
    all the way up), -OR- into the lower front headphone jack down by the USB
    ports (behind the front door/flap).

    2) if they're still too low, see if you can swap the speakers.

    S.Lewis, Oct 14, 2008