Lower resolution brings corrupt screen

Discussion in 'ATI' started by OVS, Oct 4, 2004.

  1. OVS

    OVS Guest

    Hi all,

    I recently completed building my new PC, and so far so good.
    The only problem I've encountered so far is regarding the screen
    resolution.

    My TFT's native resolution is 1280x1024 and that's how I keep it. It
    looks great although some text is slightly on the small side.

    Just to test out, I tried dropping the resolution to 1024x768. The
    output is terrible. The text looks corrupted and unreadable. I
    understand that changing resolutions to one that isn't native will cause
    loss in quality but this is more than just blurring.

    I've tested the monitor on another PC and tried 1024x768 and it looked
    ok. So I'm guessing its a video card/driver problem. Has anyone
    experienced this or know of a fix?

    I tried a 'print screen' but the output looks normal and uncorrupted
    when I revert back to native settings.

    Monitor - iiyama E431S
    Video Card - Sapphire 9800Pro

    OVS, Oct 4, 2004

  2. OVS

    Tim Guest

    Best bet is to go through the readme's at http://www.atitech.ca 's
    support page and see if they have any driver fixes for that sort of
    problem. You do have it connected to the dvi port? If not, do so.

    Tim, Oct 4, 2004

  3. OVS

    OVS Guest

    Thanks for the link Tim. Unfortunately I've already had a good look through
    that site and didn't find anything relevant on my problem
    Its not connected through DVI as yet, I'll get the cable soon and hopefully
    that'll fix the problem. But I'm not sure it will. The text isn't just
    slightly blurred which I would have expected but messed up looking(not a
    good way of explaining, but the best I can manage!)

    Thanks for the reply

    OVS, Oct 6, 2004