    myself next to nothing by using another CPU. I don't want to spend $$
    on a CPU and carriage if it won't bring any significant benefits.

    Dr. David Kirkby

    Dr. David Kirkby, Nov 24, 2003

  2. Dr. David Kirkby

    Rich Teer Guest

    I don't think the CPU will have a non-negligible effect on the
    total power consumption, but I guess if you want to minimise it,
    go for a low speed CPU with no E$. But I suspect we're talking
    less than 1W difference...

    --
    Rich Teer, SCNA, SCSA

    President,
    Rite Online Inc.

    Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638

    Rich Teer, Nov 24, 2003

  3. Dr. David Kirkby

    Andrew Tyson Guest

    I suspect that the consumption of a CPU will be considerably
    less than the disk(s) installed on the SS20, especially if they're
    older drives.

    Andrew

    Andrew Tyson, Dec 2, 2003