    Thanks in advance,

    Laurent Gauch
    www.amontec.com

    Amontec Team, Laurent Gauch, Jan 8, 2004

  2. Or are there any guys OK to share an 250 pces order with Amontec?
    In this case, Amontec will buy by AVNET and will share 125 units or more.

    Let me know.

    Laurent Gauch
    www.amontec.com

    Want to have instant messaging, and chat rooms, and discussion
    groups for your local users or business, you need dbabble!
    -- See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_dbabble.htm ----

    Amontec Team, Laurent Gauch, Jan 8, 2004

  3. Amontec Team, Laurent Gauch

    Leon Heller Guest

    I got 20 from Silica/Avnet in the UK a few weeks ago without too many
    problems (nearly 200 GBP including VAT and carriage). Most distributors
    want to sell them by the tray (250 pcs). 6-8 weeks lead time, as well.

    Some of the chip brokers have access to stocks, but they probably
    wouldn't be interested in small quantities.

    Leon

    Leon Heller, Jan 8, 2004
  4. Amontec Team, Laurent Gauch

    Leon Heller Guest

    Laurent,

    It might be worth posting this to the LPC2100 Yahoo group:

    Leon

    Leon Heller, Jan 8, 2004
  5. where to buy small quantity (20-50 units) of lpc2006 (in Europe or China)?

    Try Spoerle !

    https://www.spoerle.com/en/contact

    I order 2 pieces of LPC2106 and get them a few days later.

    Greetings,

    Martin Maurer (Martin.Maurer (at) clibb (dot) de)

    Martin Maurer, Jan 8, 2004
  6. Thanks Martin for this advice.

    OOPs, I forgot Spoerle ...
    I phone and they can sell me some pces.
    Thanks!

    Best Regards,
    Laurent

    Amontec Team, Laurent Gauch, Jan 8, 2004
  7. Amontec Team, Laurent Gauch

    EZarm Guest

    write to us I N F O AT w e b 7
    d a y Dot COM.

    EZarm, Jan 8, 2004
  8. Amontec Team, Laurent Gauch

    EZarm Guest

    write to us I N F O AT
    w e b 7 d a ys Dot COM.

    EZarm, Jan 8, 2004
  9. Amontec Team, Laurent Gauch

    Ralph Malph Guest

    I can see that the Philips ARM MCUs will be taking off big time. If you
    were smart, you would not bother with trying to save a few bucks by
    combining orders, but rather find a way to market these chips in
    proto/eval boards and end up ordering them by the basket. You could
    even offer small quantities of the chips for resale with enough markup
    to make it worthwhile. I would do this, but it is pretty far afield
    from what we are making. It seems to be right in line with what you are
    doing however.

    I think this chip is generating an awful lot of interest considering
    that it really is just another ARM chip. But I guess Philips has a
    unique product due to the small size (no external bus) and they seem to
    be doing a good job of marketing it. Too bad OKI is not better at
    marketing their chips, they have some better products in my opinion.
    But they seem more interested in the larger customers.

    Ralph Malph, Jan 8, 2004
  10. 42Bastian Schick, Jan 9, 2004
  11. Amontec Team, Laurent Gauch

    EZarm Guest

    around 10 - 15 Euro per chip (lpc2104 is a bit cheaper, but not very

    we can quote your unbeatable prices.

    please email me us at in f o AT web 7 days DOT com
    ezarm

    EZarm, Jan 9, 2004
  12. Oh boy, please shut up.

    42Bastian Schick, Jan 9, 2004
  13. Hello,

    around 10 - 15 Euro per chip (lpc2104 is a bit cheaper, but not very
    relevant...).
    But pay attention delivery is also around 10 - 15 Euro per order.

    It is a 48 pin LQFP with pitch .5, so they are not easy to solder:
    i took an adapter to 2.54 mm from www.ib-hoebel.de, look for SQFP48/40 RM0,5
    costs around 5 Euro

    If you need more infos, look in (as Leon already mentioned)

    or contact me via email...

    Greetings,

    Martin

    Meindert Sprang, Jan 9, 2004
  15. I got lucky on my last batch of boards. They are finished with
    Hot Air Solder Leveling (HASL) and there is enough solder on the
    pads that I don't have to add any more in most cases. I simply
    add flux and heat the pins and pads. I think this works well in
    my case as I have made the pads significantly longer than the
    pins on the TQFP chip and there is more solder available.
    It's also easier to verify the solder joint if the pad extends past
    the pin far enough to make the fillet on the end of the pin
    easily visible.

    It is also MUCH easier to do the soldering with a binocular
    microscope (at least with 56-year old eyes that now need
    bifocals). You can get a reasonably good 10X binocular
    scope for about $300.

    Mark Borgerson

    Mark Borgerson, Jan 10, 2004