lpc2138 taking commands merely as a suggestion?

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by kosta, Jul 29, 2007.

  1. kosta

    kosta Guest

    Im working on an embedded project and I'm currently using an Olimex P-
    Lpc2138
    board. After having the device misbehave badly, I decided to try
    something
    simpler - to control the leds on the development board.

    After seeing what happened, I realized that something is very wrong.

    Even very simple code which just turns on and off the leds
    repetitively, doesn't
    work correctly - sometimes the PLL would fail to lock, sometimes loops
    don't
    work and cause he code not to run at all...

    I compile the code with -O0 optimizations usually, but oddly enough
    sometimes
    when I try other types of optimization, some work better in making the
    leds work
    correctly.

    Obviously I'm getting very frustrated over this, and I'm starting to
    lose
    hope... - I can't even get dbg in eclipse to debug the code!

    I will be glad to provide any other information which might help
    resolve this, I
    just don't really know what might be needed - please tell me if theres
    anything
    else you need to know, and I will promptly provide the info.

    Thanks in advance,
    Kosta

    kosta, Jul 29, 2007

  2. kosta

    Don McKenzie Guest

    may pay to go via the support forum Kosta,

    Support Forum:
    http://www.sparkfun.com/cgi-bin/phpbb/index.php

    Don...

    --
    Don McKenzie

    Site Map: http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
    No More Damn Spam: http://www.wizard-of-oz.com

    Serial OLED uses standard micro-SD memory cards.
    http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16659

    USB Flash Drive interface for existing products.
    http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16654

    Don McKenzie, Jul 29, 2007

  3. kosta

    kosta Guest

    Thanks - I actually asked there as well...

    kosta, Jul 30, 2007
  4. kosta

    Don McKenzie Guest

    :)
    OK, the board designer is a moderator of that group, so he may get back
    to you eventually.

    If he doesn't, try Olimex support.

    Don...

    Don McKenzie, Jul 30, 2007