    Are there any RTOSses for these tiny devices ?

    I need some hints so i can go for it.

    Johan

    Sagaert Johan, Dec 30, 2005

  2. "Sagaert Johan" ...

    Go for it then, and subscribe to the mail-list at
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lpc2100/

    A very active group where all these questions are answered in detail (also
    in the archives, read them first, strarting at the end).

    Regards,
    Arie de Muijnck

    Arie de Muynck, Dec 30, 2005

  3. Sagaert Johan

    Chris Hills Guest

    None of these kit is expensive. I assume this is for home or hobby use?

    There are the IAR boards with JTAG and eval compiler... similar to the
    Keil but the compiler has a 32K limit.

    However both the Keil and the IAR compilers are vastly more efficient
    than the GNu unless you have hours to spend optimising your own version
    to get it closer.
    Yes, but why do you need one? The vast majority of embedded systems
    don't use an RTOS.

    Regards
    Chris

    Chris Hills, Dec 30, 2005
  4. What optimizations do you mean?

    Andreas Schwarz, Dec 30, 2005
  5. Depending what you mean by low-cost, the rowley offering looks to be
    good value for money. available for both windows and linux.
    http://www.rowley.co.uk

    With a wiggler clone (easy to build) together with OCdemon and insight
    you can debug programs in RAM. Not to sure how good this combination
    is for debugging code directly in flash.
    There are quite a few RTOSes available, from free to fairly expensive.
    If you google for ARM RTOS you should get quite a number of hits.
    As someone else suggested, join the lpc2000 group on yahoo.

    Regards
    Anton Erasmus

    Anton Erasmus, Dec 30, 2005
  6. John Devereux, Dec 30, 2005