    /etc/printcap queue name doesn't work, nor does the device name, ulpt0.

    Anyone got LPR working with OS9 and CUPS and could give me a clue?

    Glenn

    GDB, Aug 17, 2003

  2. GDB

    GDB Guest

    .. . . following the instructions given in the URL above for lpd
    configuration worked - sort of. I can now print a range of files (PDF,
    Quark) no problem. For some reason the printer won't spit out any JPG,
    TIFF, GIF files from OS9 clients though. Which is strange, since the
    same file types come out all right from the OSX machines printing
    directly through cups. I had expected cups-lpd to be a simple handover
    process between lpd and cups, but I guess I need to look more into
    configuring lpd to work independently with ghostscript as I have done
    with cups . . .

    Glenn

    GDB, Aug 24, 2003