    desktops.
    Thanks,
    Lou

    Lou, Jul 14, 2004

  2. Lou

    Clint Guest

    Just to let you know, my Inspiron 9100 runs very quiet when I'm not doing
    processor intensive tasks. Quieter than my Dimension desktop unit. And
    it's got a P4 processor (not M) in it. It does get warm under the wrists,
    but not excessive.

    I wouldn't get a Celeron processor (M or otherwise) for any application,
    personally.

    Clint

    Clint, Jul 14, 2004

  3. Lou

    Andrew Guest

    : Just to let you know, my Inspiron 9100 runs very quiet when I'm not doing
    : processor intensive tasks. Quieter than my Dimension desktop unit. And
    : it's got a P4 processor (not M) in it. It does get warm under the wrists,
    : but not excessive.

    : I wouldn't get a Celeron processor (M or otherwise) for any application,
    : personally.

    My Toshiba 1415 has a 2GHZ Celeron in it and the machine is awesome.
    It doesn't get that hot, the fan is quiet and it doesn't run
    constantly. The mobile Celerons (not to be confused with the Celeron
    M which is a scaled-down Pentium M) are not so bad - they have a
    larger cache than the desktop versions and are basically P4's
    otherwise. I'm very happy with the performance of this machine.

    Don't automatically assume a machine will run hot or slow just based
    on the CPU - the design of the machine has lots to do with it also.
    A Centrino (Pentium M) notebook is most likely to have a cooler,
    quieter design however.

    Andrew
    --
    ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----