M2N-E or M2n-SLI Dlx ?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by mrk1949, Mar 1, 2007.

  1. mrk1949

    mrk1949 Guest

    I thinking of putting together a new system, with the cpu to be an
    AMD 64X2 (AM2 socket), likely a 4600+ so I can overclock a bit, and
    I'm considering the above 2 MBs.

    The "-E" doesn't have firewire, so I'd have to add a card, but that's
    only about $20; the "DLX" has firewire, but costs more, and I can't
    see me ever putting a 2nd video card in for SLI.

    I also noticed the the DLX board isn't "VISTA" logo approved, while
    the "E" is.

    Anyone have any experiance, good or bad with either board??

    Also, thinking about trying RAID 5 with 3 drives ( I can get basic
    200GB drives for < $50) - any comments on performance and ease/
    diffleculty of set-up would be appreciated.

    thnx
    Mike K

    mrk1949, Mar 1, 2007

  2. I have the M2N-Sli deluxe and am running Vista without problems.

    Peter Johnson, Mar 1, 2007

  3. mrk1949

    mrk1949 Guest

    I'm guessing 32 bit Vista?

    Also, what Ram do you use? The Qualified Vendor List is fairly short,
    I'd rather use some Corsair Twin

    thnx

    Mike k

    mrk1949, Mar 2, 2007
  4. Yes, I should have said.
    2 x 1Gb Crucial PC2 5300 (33MHz)

    1 x 1Gb no-name PC2 5300 (33MHz)
    1 x 1Gb SpecTek Inc (!) PC2 5300 (33MHz)

    One of the non-Crucial sticks caused problems when I first set the
    system up so I got the Crucial whilst I sorted that out then decided
    to run with them all, and then I found that my power supply was also
    inadequate. I'm not pushing it at all.

    Peter Johnson, Mar 2, 2007
  5. mrk1949

    Walter Guest

    Peter,

    Do you know which type of connector the e-SATA port on the back panel takes?
    Is it Type A or Type l?

    BTW, I'm running Vista Ultimate x64 on this board with no problems.

    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Dual Core, AM2
    3GB RAM (Corsair 4096MB DDR2 PC5300 DDR667)

    --

    ______________________________

    Walter B
    waltblanch[at]tampabay[dot]rr[dot]com
    ______________________________

    Walter, Mar 3, 2007
  6. mrk1949

    Dan Guest

    I have used both boards in the past in system builds, but have settled on
    the M2N-SLI Deluxe as it has the additional features I find lacking on the
    M2N-E, namelhy firewire, additional USB port brackets and legacy ports. I
    have used both boards with Vista 32 and 64 with no problems. My personal
    machine has the Pro version and I cant be happy enough with it. They are
    very stable and very fast boards and I cannot recomend them srtrongly
    enough. On the builds I used Kingston OEM ram, but on my personl system I am
    running PC800 Corsair without a hitch.

    Dan

    Dan, Mar 4, 2007
  7. mrk1949

    mrk1949 Guest

    I bought some Corsai PC 6400 - I hope it's worth the extra $$$$

    Thnx for all the replies & info

    Mike K

    mrk1949, Mar 7, 2007