M2N-SLI Deluxe ram issue?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Johntron, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Johntron

Johntron

I get the 1 long beep than the 2 short beeps when I start my PC. I tried resetting my BIOS but to no avail.

I removed both my ram sticks and I still get the 1 long beep and 2 short beeps so I'm pretty sure it's a ram issue. I heard that this mobo can't detect some of the newer DDR2 sticks and I don't exactly have any old DDR2 sticks just lying about the house so I was wondering if my problem is that my mobo isn't detecting my ram(oh and the ram works on my other PC just fine so it's not that the ram died).

I honestly don't know much about computers and I was hoping somebody could help me out please.

Thanks in advance.

Johntron, Oct 14, 2007
  2. Johntron

joncs25

I have the same mobo

I have the same motherboard i believe and i always get a beep when i'm starting up my system but i just thought it was part of the startup. I have 2 gigs of G-Skill ram and it wasn't on the list of accepted brands in the motherboard manual. It detects all 2 gigs of the memory and has been working fine so i don't know what the beeping is about.

joncs25, Oct 15, 2007
Ask a Question