M2N SLi Deluxe wont boot

Discussion in 'Asus' started by [email protected], Aug 3, 2006.

1. bmogensen@mail.dk

[email protected]

I have a problem with my newly assembled PC.

Problem is it will not boot, when I turn on the computer it starts up but shuts down immediately. First I thought it was the PSU (Antec Phantom 500) I had it replaced but the same still happened. I tried disconnecting everything, only power, mem and CPU, would not boot. At last I clearing BIOS, and that helped, but next day when the computer had been turned of for the night, it would not boot.

Yesterday just before shutting it down in Windows I started getting these program failures, e.g. starting FireFox it would do an unhandled exception or something, had similiar problems after installation of WinXP, so I had to install like 3 times, but I do not know if that has something to do with the actual boot problem.

My setup:
    M2N SLi Deluxe
    AMD AM2 4200+ X2
    2xKingston value RAM DDR-II
    2xSamsung Spinpoint 160 Gb RAID
    ASUS GeForce 7600GT Silent
    Antec Phantom 500 PSU
    Leadteak/ASUS DVD Drive
    3½ Floppy
    Zalman CPU cooler
    Antec P180 enclosure

[email protected], Aug 3, 2006
  2. bmogensen@mail.dk

ASuperman

Deja vu!!!!

I have the same system board 2GB XMS2 DDR2 800 4-4-4-12 RAM
    P180 case
    Phantom 500 PS
    NVidia 6800GT Xtreme 512MB video
    I have a few more drives
    4 x 300GB (would like in a raid 5)
    2 x 160GB (would also like these in raid 0)
    3 Hauppauge 500MCE tuner cards
    and I built the darn machine tonight
    Turn it on
    and NADA!

starts, shuts off, starts shuts off!!!!
    I will have to get small pliers to reset the CMOS have a lot crammed into this thing.

If you have resolved the issue please tell me what it was so I can get up and running ASAP, I am going to call ASUS tomorrow :(

Very tired,
    Nick

Last edited: Aug 18, 2006
    ASuperman, Aug 18, 2006
  3. bmogensen@mail.dk

[email protected]

Resolved some of the issues

I updated the BIOS and that helped to the "will not start" problem, I however still get all kinds of weird errors in WinXP but I think Ill have to disable my RAID and resintall to verify whether it is the RAID, weird enought when winxp fails to load because it cannot find any of the programs it need, i run a chkdsk /f scheduled for next reboot, I reboot and it usaully helps...

[email protected], Aug 18, 2006
  4. bmogensen@mail.dk

ASuperman

ASuperman, Aug 18, 2006
  5. bmogensen@mail.dk

buga

Ah, I'm having the same shutting down on startup problem and I have that Corsair RAM too. I'm running the NVIDIA GX2 Dual-SLI card so I have a 700w PSU. I thought it was the PSU since it's a brand I heard wasn't great (OCZ).

I'll try clearning the BIOS and see if it solves my restarting problem today. I'm glad you posted the Corsair link so I can look forward to dealing with that after I get it to boot (hopefully) :rolleyes:
    I also found this thread: http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...1&model=M2N-SLI+Deluxe&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

Last edited: Aug 25, 2006
    buga, Aug 25, 2006
  6. bmogensen@mail.dk

GearOtter

I realise that this topic is somewhat old, however I've been having similar issues with my Asus m2n SLI Deluxe; the boot up, and then shutting down as well as Windows loading but only displaying my desktop background and nothing else.

Would the latter be a motherboard issue, or is it related to my hard drive?

Specs:
    Nvidia Ge Force 7950
    AMD X2 dual core processor
    320 gig Seagate HD

GearOtter, Aug 25, 2007
  7. bmogensen@mail.dk

jmemphix

No one has posted a solution here?

What BIOS version is stable & working well? I just tried to update to 1502 (the latest stable version :eek: ) and now experiencing this problem.

I'm confident everything is okay except for the BIOS as I've been using this PC for two years prior to this update. So much for a simple re-install using a single drive for program installations. I tried to update the BIOS as the motherboard CD was not recognising the hardware and I did not know which driver was required for LAN, Audio etc. :rolleyes:

jmemphix, Dec 28, 2008
Ask a Question