    2 short beeps). Plugged into the blue PCIE socket, per the manual. Have
    tried re-seating, etc. Any ideas what might be wrong here?

    Bill

    Bill, Jun 22, 2006

  2. Bill

    Paul Guest

    Based on the number of lanes, I'd say your video card should
    work in either slot. Unlike the A8N-SLI family, there are
    no external lane switches, and 16 lanes terminate on one
    slot and 8 lanes on the other. I would guess either can
    be used, from a hardware perspective.

    http://www.nvidia.com/page/nforce5_specs_amd.html

    The Asus hosted forum is here:

    http://vip.asus.com/forum/topic.asp...=M2N-SLI Deluxe&page_size=100&page=1&count=17

    The first thread, notes your "1 long 2 short" beep code,
    but the problem seems to actually be the RAM. Either the
    SPD is not being read correctly, or the BIOS is still
    so immature as to not handle a wide variety of DDR2 RAM
    sticks. And digging up spare DDR2 sticks, is not something
    most people can do on the spur of the moment...

    http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...1&model=M2N-SLI+Deluxe&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

    Paul

    Paul, Jun 22, 2006