    System: M2N32 SLI Deluxe, 2ea Asus 8800 GTS 512MB, 4GB OCZ Platinum, Vista
    64 Premium

    Bye, Rick

    Rick Savoie, Apr 16, 2008

  2. Rick Savoie

    Rick Savoie Guest

    I suppose I should update this statement. This only lasted 3 days
    and then the "will not boot" black screen problem came back. After 3 months,
    I'm not going to try and fix it any more. I would suggest that anyone with
    an M2N32 SLI Deluxe does NOT try to use it with a Phenom, at least not the
    B2 versions. I won't be buying a newer B3, I will be replacing the 9600
    Phenom with a 6400+ and hopefully that will solve my problems and it will
    actually work faster than a Phenom due to the clock speed (for gaming).

    I was waiting to buy a 780a mainboard, but I'm not sure if going
    that way with my Phenom 9600 is a good idea. I'd like to hear any
    suggestions...

    Asus M2N32 SLI deluxe wireless and 64x2 6400+ (2ea 8800GTS 512)
    OR
    New 780a mainboard and Phenom 9600+ (2ea 8800GTS 512)

    Cya, rick

    Rick Savoie, Apr 29, 2008

  3. Rick Savoie

    Rick Savoie Guest

    Last update on this thread...

    My intermittently DOA Phenom 9600 has been sent back to AMD, so there is
    probably not an issue with the M2N32 SLI Deluxe compatibility (first time
    I've ever had a CPU acting like this one, so I didn't really believe it, but
    it did it in an M3N-HT as well).

    I won't find out till later because I've replaced them both with an Asus
    M3N-HT Deluxe and Phenom 9850. When the other CPU comes back, my son will
    get a sweet upgrade.

    Bye, Rick

    Rick Savoie, Apr 30, 2008