M2V will not POST

Discussion in 'Asus' started by RichieC, Feb 17, 2009.

  1. RichieC

    RichieC

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2009
    Hi,
    I hope someone would be kind enough to help me. I have an ASUS M2V with an AMD64 3000 chip and two sticks of Crucial 256Mb RAM.

    I just purchashed two 2Mb sticks of Kingston RAM. I powered down the PC, replaced the Crucial with the Kingston and powered up. Nothing.... Disks spin, processor fan spins but no video and no POST or beep.

    OK, I thought, out with the new memory and in with the original, but to my horror, the same - no POST and no beep.

    I have reset the BIOS by powering down, removing the battery and setting the jumper. No luck.

    Tried removing hardware and slowly re-installing, but always the same, no POST or beep. The only time I can get any noise out is when I power up with no memory in the slots, when I get 1 long and 2 short beeps, as expected?

    I hope someone could give me some pointers - is the motherboard fried?

    Many thanks!

    Rich.

    RichieC, Feb 17, 2009