    internal Soundmax audio circuitry. OS is Vista.

    thanks

    Davy

    Davy, Mar 23, 2008

  2. Davy

    Arno Wagner Guest

    No specific experience, but you need to select the autio output
    as "monitor" mode in order to hear the input. Ordinarily
    you only hear what the card produces itself, not any of the
    input. This is to prevent feedback loops, e.g. when using
    voice communication.

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Mar 23, 2008

  3. Davy

    Davy Guest

    Arno,
    what does 'select the audio output as monitor mode' mean - in Windows my
    Soundmax control list only speakers as output.
    Davy

    Davy, Mar 24, 2008
  4. Davy

    Arno Wagner Guest

    There are two mixers in a soundcard. The input mixer, with
    its output goinf to the A/D converter, ant the output
    mixer that traditionally mixed the output from that D/A
    converter and the synthesizer output. Monitor mode", just
    like with a traditional tape deck or sound mixer, refers to
    piping the output from the input mixer to the global output,
    so that you can "monitor" what you are recording. With my
    soundcard, it is just one button in the advanced mixer
    settings of the standard Windows Mixer.

    Of course the sound gose to the speakers. What sound
    goes to the speakers is the selection you have to make.
    I am sure this "Soundmax" thing came with some
    documentation...

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Mar 24, 2008
  5. Davy

    Davy Guest

    Thanks Arno,
    unfortunately no documentation, it is an onboard sound chip so no
    documentation. The few controls it has don't allow any 'monitoring' to
    be switched on.

    Davy, Mar 26, 2008
  6. Davy

    Arno Wagner Guest

    Hmm. The only thing I can think of is to try to get better software.
    Maybe there is a download from the chip manufacturer. Otherwise
    I see only the possibility to get a different soundcard...

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Mar 26, 2008