M59SLI-S5 Slow Start up

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by RYRJET, Nov 7, 2006.

  1. RYRJET

    RYRJET

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2006
    Location:
    Dublin
    Not sure if anyone has had a similar problem but I hope someone can point me in the right direction!!

    Back in August I installed a new M59SLI-S5 motherboard in my system. Over the past weeks it has been booting up really quickly. From pressing the button to opening my email is about 90 seconds or so.

    This evening I started my system as normal and walked away, I cam back to the system to find that it was still at the “ENERGY STAR” screen , the one before the BIOS starts up. It took about 20 mins before the system started the bios and then into windows.

    The system has been running fine until now and even when I shot down the system yesterday evening everything worked as normal!!

    I then carried out a bios update and still no change.

    The only change to the system was two new graphic cards that I installed last Friday.

    Up to this evening it was booting OK with the new cards in it.

    The system works perfectly well once it is up and running.

    My system spec is:

    Motherboard: M59SLI-S5 (F5 BIOS)
    Ram: 2 X 512Mb Crucial 42000 DDR2 RAM
    Processor: Athlon X2 4200+
    Graphics: 2 X 7600GT 256MB (Installed last Friday)
    HD: 1 X IDE 40Gb drive (OpSys only on this)
    HD: 1 X SATA 180Gb drive.
    Power: Jeantech 580W Power supply
    Display: 2 X LG Flatron L1715S

    If anyone can point me in the direction as to why this has happened I would be very greatfull!!

    Regards
    Alan

    RYRJET, Nov 7, 2006