    lastest bios, default mobo settings, just everything i could setup.
    Maybe you know something what can help? Gigabyte support says they can't
    help me. Looking for replies! Thanks.

    spoon, Jan 1, 2009

  2. spoon

    pokey man Guest

    RT click My Computer (or Computer) click manage, expand componants, open
    problem devices. this might give you a clue. also open hardware, conflicts
    and sharing. also look in problem devices ;-) HTH

    Pokeyman

    pokey man, Jan 2, 2009

  3. spoon

    spoon Guest

    pokey man pisze:
    hmm, i don't see any "problem devices" or "conflicts and sharing". I
    have polish language but still can't see similar to this. it looks that way:
    http://wstaw.org/images/free/2009/01/02/3ef4435e37bf6355ed3407b8ab9000.jpeg

    Anyway: today happened something weird: i was able to scan all channels
    and watch TV but *only for about five minutes* and then my computer just
    turned off, like unpluging power cord and... i wasn't able to turn it on
    again! i had to unplug cord, wait for few seconds, then plugged power
    cord to computer and it started. I really don't know what to do :(

    spoon, Jan 2, 2009
  4. spoon

    pokey man Guest

    how old is this card? i would pull the card and examine the tops of the
    capicitors and other componants on the card. might be drawing too much
    power? check voltages in bios for bad PS should be within 5% of stated
    voltages (i perfer 2%)

    HTH

    Pokeyman

    pokey man, Jan 3, 2009
  5. spoon

    pokey man Guest

    I just realized that it is a brand new MoBo.... hmmmm did you get a new
    powersupply??? if you used the old one, then that is your problem! a PS
    tha ran the old techonolgy is underpowering all the lovely new, higher power
    usage componets and poof... shuts down when you use the card.

    Pokeyman

    pokey man, Jan 3, 2009
  6. spoon

    spoon Guest

    pokey man pisze:
    I have Tagan 2 Force 400Watt, and i don't have problems with power even
    playing newest games on hight quality settings, so how it can be the
    small pci tv card can take too much power? ;)

    spoon, Jan 3, 2009
  7. spoon

    Paul Guest

    Is the MA790X-DS4 stable, if the TV card is plugged into a PCI slot,
    but is not used by the software ? Does the computer run for hours
    without a problem ?

    Possible problems -

    1) PCI bus problem caused whenever blocks of data are DMA
    transferred by the TV card. In past years, TV tuner cards
    were considered a stability test for PCI. On some computers,
    if you watch TV for an hour, the computer freezes, and sometimes
    this is due to PCI bus arbitration operating incorrectly, or
    the operation of the processor being upset. On other
    computers, a freeze or crash would be instant, on the
    first usage (very first frame of TV data).

    2) The weakest power rail in a computer, is the +5VSB. A standby voltage
    may be derived from that, and fed to the PCI slots. A network interface
    card, for example, would draw a small amount of power via that path,
    in order to support Wake On LAN. If the TV card connected to that
    power source for some reason, that might be a reason for the
    instability. Overloading that rail might cause the computer to
    reboot, depending on how the thing is designed.

    3) I don't see a reason to suspect other rails on the power supply, due to
    your observation that you can play 3D games and the computer is
    stable. Watching TV shouldn't draw as much power as gaming would.
    So there must be a stability issue elsewhere.

    Try changing the PCI slot the tuner is plugged into, and note
    whether the symptoms change in any way or not.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Jan 3, 2009
  8. spoon

    spoon Guest

    Paul pisze:
    With this advice about 5V i searched my mobo manual once agin and found
    option called "PME Event Wake Up" and its something about this 5V line
    and PCI and it was enabled (default Disabled) so i disabled it i am
    watching TV now for about hour and no restarts but i will test more to
    be sure it worked.

    Thanks for your help, if problem will still happening i will write
    again, if not i will write to say the problem is solved :) Thanks!

    spoon, Jan 3, 2009
  9. spoon

    Paul Guest

    Weird. Almost sounds like the PME line is stuck in a
    grounded state or something.

    Paul

    Paul, Jan 3, 2009
  10. spoon

    spoon Guest

    Paul pisze:
    aRghh.. i knew it wont work for long, it still restarts :/ It takes few
    minuter to more than hour sometimes but anyway it will restart. I ran
    out of ideas... i think its time to sell it on ebay and buy another.

    spoon, Jan 3, 2009