    Any explanation? It will be greatly appreciated!!!

    Regards
    Robert

    robert.paschedag, Nov 16, 2005

  2. robert.paschedag

    Hans Aberg Guest

    It could be that the iMac switches between digital and analog output. Can
    your screen handle both?

    Hans Aberg, Nov 17, 2005

  3. Hi Hans,

    it's not an iMac, it is a mini Mac. Same problem exists with the new
    G5. I "could" use the monitor to switch between analog and digital but
    it is "too complicated" with this monitor (have to go to the OSD and
    switch it there). Hoped there could be another way.

    Robert

    robert.paschedag, Nov 17, 2005
  4. robert.paschedag

    Art Gorski Guest

    Many, many folks use Macs with KVMs and don't experience this problem.
    I've heard of some KVMs that lose the USB keyboard when they switch, so
    maybe it's a basic incompatibility between Macs and this brand of KVM.

    However, it's odd when you say that you lose video permanently even if
    you bypass the KVM. Check your Energy Saver preferences to see if
    something in there could be the culprit.

    Art Gorski, Nov 17, 2005
  5. robert.paschedag

    Hans Aberg Guest

    [/QUOTE]
    What do you mean it's too complicated? Don't you want to perform an error
    search, to find out what the problem might be?

    Hans Aberg, Nov 17, 2005
  6. What do you mean it's too complicated? Don't you want to perform an error
    search, to find out what the problem might be?
    [/QUOTE]

    Of course I do! I want to find a solution for this.

    It is too complicated to switch to the other computer if the monitor is
    used as "switch". There is no button to say "Switch to the other input
    (analog / digital)". You have to go to the OSD -> Input Selection ->
    Select the input and go out again. It is not a handy solution with
    **this** monitor!!!

    And beside that. Why does the mac not "refresh" the screen, when the
    monitor is plugged off for a while?

    When I start my PC with M$ or Linux I can disconnect the monitor from
    my PC, let the PC run for weeks without being connected to the PC,
    connect it again and hit a key or move the mouse so the screeen will be
    refreshed again. This does not seem to work with the mac! This is not
    what I want and I think this is not *normal*!

    And the energie settings are all off, also the screensaver. So this
    isn't it.

    Robert

    robert.paschedag, Nov 18, 2005
  7. robert.paschedag

    Hans Aberg Guest

    Please try keeping the error search separate from what might your final
    working solution. You might try to do an error search like this:

    Make sure to duplicate the black screen. Then first try to figure out if
    your Mac is a alseep. You might try to awaken it by putting in a USB mouse
    directly into it, and clicking on a button. If that does not help, connect
    your display directly into the Mac. If that does not help, switch beteen
    analog and digital.
    I have no problems with that, both in digital and analog mode.
    It could be that it is something wrong with you Mac.

    Hans Aberg, Nov 18, 2005