    I know very easily how to do this on PC using Outlook and imagine it is
    similar in Mac. But can someone tell me where I would have to look.

    Thanks in advance.

    David Smithz, Sep 5, 2006

  2. David Smithz

    Marc Heusser Guest

    Ok here we go:
    (the programme is called Mail)
    Menu Mail>Preferences>Accounts (click on the respecive account in list
    of accounts in this window left) then tab "Mailbox Behaviours"
    There are three settings:
    Sent: Erase copies of sent messages when:
    Junk: Erase messages in the junk mailbox when:
    Trash: Erase deleted messages when:

    all three have the following selections:
    never/one day old/one week old/one month old/when quitting Mail

    (BTW the help function in Mail in the Menu Help is quite useful for this
    person.)

    HTH

    Marc

    Marc Heusser, Sep 5, 2006

  3. Mail -> Preferences -> Accounts -> Advanced; check "Remove copy from
    server [...]", then examine the options under the pulldown.

    richard schumacher, Sep 5, 2006
  4. Open the Preferences dialog by choosing "Preferences" from the "Mail"
    menu.

    Click the "Accounts" icon in the tool bar at the top of the dialog.

    Click the "Advanced" button in the button bar just below the tool bar.

    Check "Remove copy from server after retrieving a message:"

    In the popup menu below that check box, choose "Right Away" or whatever
    other option your client wishes to use.

    Optionally click the "Remove now" button.

    Close the dialog, and OK the button asking to confirm changes.

    Michelle Steiner, Sep 5, 2006
  5. David Smithz

    David Smithz Guest

    Thanks for the replies on this matter.