    box. And if I do have to install a PCI card, would any standard 1.1 or
    2.0 USB card be compatible with the 7200 Operating System?

    All help is greatly appreciated.

    Don W. McCollough, Jul 24, 2004

  2. Don W. McCollough

    Jim Schimpf Guest

    The PCI cards are very cheap and available, the serial -> USB thing
    will be VERY hard to find. Don't worry about opening the box, the
    7200-7500-7600 have one of the best designed cases that make this
    quite easy. Steps:

    Disconnect all the cables from the box.
    Push the two buttons on the bottom of the cover at the front of
    the machine.
    Pull the top of the case forward about 2 cm then lift it off.
    There is a large plastic slide latch at the front, slide it then
    unfold the disk and power supply
    out of the box on hinges.
    There you are, all the guts are exposed, at this point you can
    insert your card, reverse the steps
    and now you have USB.

    --jim

    Jim Schimpf, Jul 24, 2004