    As you know, Tiger can check automatically the spelling in some
    applications, but always uses the english dictionary...

    Best regards.

    DouZe, Jan 2, 2007

  2. DouZe

    Gerry Guest

    If you use TextEdit to check spelling it has several built in
    dictionaries. To change to another dictionary:

    1. Open a new TextEdit document
    2. Press Command Key + Shift + :
    3. In the Spelling window that opens you can choose your dictionary from
    the Dictionary popup menu in the lower left corner.

    Gerry, Jan 2, 2007

  3. DouZe

    zit Guest

    Are you sure that is what you have?

    Snoop around in Apple - System Preferences - International

    zit, Jan 3, 2007
  4. DouZe

    Teo Guest

    [...]
    This will only work on text edit. There should be a way to tell Mac OS
    X to use more than one dictionary on all the applications (Mail,
    Safari, ...). I have this option on one machine but I don't remember
    how I managed to do it (silly me) and cannot do the same on my new
    laptop ... I remember the I did not set this behavior with the
    preference pane but not what I did... Any hint?

    Matteo

    Teo, Jan 4, 2007
  5. 1. Open a new TextEdit document
    It works with all applications that use OS X's spelling code and
    dictionary.

    Michelle Steiner, Jan 4, 2007
  6. DouZe

    Teo Guest

    [...]
    Thanks Michelle,

    I didn't see the "multilingual" option in the list of languages and
    continued to look for a general setting. I now set the option in Mail
    and Safari and everything works fine.

    Matteo

    Teo, Jan 4, 2007
  7. DouZe

    Paul Sture Guest

    It works here in MT-NewsWatcher, as I a writing this reply.

    Paul Sture, Jan 4, 2007