    of my users have sent e-mail to that account. Is there a way to check
    it? I'm using 10.4, running the postfix and pop services that came with
    it.

    Dale Friesen, Dec 23, 2005

  2. Dale Friesen

    Chris Menzel Guest

    By default, it goes to user "root".
    You can activate the root user using NetInfo Manager.app (in
    /Applications/Utilities). Check under the "Security" menu. Once
    activated, login as root and fire up Mail.app.

    Typically, root's mail is redirected to an ordinary user with admin
    privileges on the machine. You can set this in /etc/aliases --
    uncomment the line:

    #root: you

    Run "sudo newaliases" when yer done.

    Chris Menzel, Dec 23, 2005

  3. Try

    sudo mail -u root

    William Mitchell, Dec 23, 2005
  4. Dale Friesen

    Chris Menzel Guest

    And, obviously, replace "you" with your or another admin's actual email
    address.

    Chris Menzel, Dec 23, 2005
  5. Dale Friesen

    Dale Friesen Guest