Mac Security: MOSX 10.4.9, Security Update 003, iPhoto 6.0.6

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Derek Currie, Mar 13, 2007.

  1. Derek Currie

    Derek Currie Guest

    This is so kewl. Apple has gotten serious (with a bit of nudging)
    about patching vulnerabilities and just posted the biggest list
    of security vulnerability fixes in its history.

    Links to read about the updates are below. My friend Jesper just
    installed them with no problems resulting. But you might want to
    hang on a day or two until MacFixIt have collected user
    experience reports.

    Remember that most problems people have when installing updates
    are due to pre-existing problems on their computers. Therefore,
    be sure to repair your boot drive and repair your permissions
    before installation. It is a good idea to repair permissions
    AFTER installation as well.

    Here is where you can read about and find links to the updates:

    1) About the security content of Mac OS X 10.4.9 and Security
    Update 2007-003:

    2) About the security content of iPhoto 6.0.6:

    Share and Enjoy!

    :-Derek

    --
    Fortune Magazine 11-29-05: What's your computer setup today?
    Frederick Brooks: I happily use a Macintosh. It's not been

    Derek Currie, Mar 13, 2007