    of is that I've been using Kismac lately which I know loads a different
    airport driver, but it reloads the other one when you close it.. and i
    HAVE rebooted anyway. Any help would be appreciated.

    psx1337, Oct 20, 2006

  2. psx1337

    psx1337 Guest

    Just an update. Someone told me that kismac probably effed up my
    airport driver. So I uninstalled it.. .problem still not fixed... so
    then I re-installed OS X from my DVDs and the problem still persists. I
    tested setting up a wired connection from the router and it works..
    also the wireless connection works on my other PC using an old linksys
    adapter. So I _DONT_ think the router is broken. Is it possible that
    re-installing OS X didn't reinstall my airport drivers?

    psx1337, Oct 20, 2006

  3. psx1337

    Proconsul Guest

    On 2006-10-20 15:12:59 -0700, "psx1337" <> said:

    > Just an update. Someone told me that kismac probably effed up my
    > airport driver. So I uninstalled it.. .problem still not fixed... so
    > then I re-installed OS X from my DVDs and the problem still persists. I
    > tested setting up a wired connection from the router and it works..
    > also the wireless connection works on my other PC using an old linksys
    > adapter. So I _DONT_ think the router is broken. Is it possible that
    > re-installing OS X didn't reinstall my airport drivers?

    If our Linksys box is the latest version 5.0, you may be one of those
    who experience wireless problems....it's a known fault of that version
    of the router itself, non-curable....

    It's highly unlikely that you're seeiingan OS X problem....

    Best solution to flaky Linksys routers is a D-Link router....:)

    PC

    Proconsul, Oct 21, 2006