    said I shuold get the macbook pro. But it's a lot of money!! Is the pro
    model worth it or may be should I get a vaio or toshiba for half the
    cost? I like those both. What do you think?

    digger, Jul 23, 2011

  2. digger

    Bob Villa Guest

    Toshiba, Dell, or Lenovo.

    Bob Villa, Jul 23, 2011

  3. digger

    digger Guest

    Can you explain why?

    digger, Jul 24, 2011
  4. digger

    Bob Villa Guest

    mac's are waaay over-priced and Sony's are over-priced for what you
    get. Toshiba, Dell, and Lenovo are the best bang for the buck.
    (Toshiba being the more difficult to upgrade-RAM may be soldered-in)
    HTH

    Bob Villa, Jul 24, 2011
  5. digger

    digger Guest

    Thanks!

    digger, Jul 25, 2011
  6. digger

    Bob Villa Guest

    I have only worked-on Dell, IBM, and HP notebooks for minor things. My
    opinion comes from a "friend" who works on them regularly. (The latest
    is...stay-away from new HP's!)

    Bob Villa, Jul 25, 2011
  7. But Apple is the standard platform for anyone working
    in graphic arts. Not really overpriced for the level of technology,
    but yes, expensive.

    the wharf rat, Jul 29, 2011
  8. digger

    Bob Villa Guest

    But he's not the artist...his friends are!

    Bob Villa, Jul 29, 2011
  9. It's very important to fit in with one's peer group.

    the wharf rat, Jul 30, 2011