Machine Check Exception: 0 Bank 5: 1000001004000e0f

Discussion in 'Intel' started by Ralf Gross, Feb 19, 2009.

  1. Ralf Gross

    Ralf Gross Guest

    Hi,

    we have a server (Supermicro X7DBE+ Board with 16 GB ECC RAM) that is running
    Linux (Debian Etch). Since we upgraded to a kernel >2.6.18, we see this
    exception:

    HARDWARE ERROR
    CPU 1: Machine Check Exception: 0 Bank 5: 1000001004000e0f
    TSC 0
    This is not a software problem!
    Run through mcelog --ascii to decode and contact your hardware vendor
    Kernel panic - not syncing: Machine check

    decoded with mcelog:

    HARDWARE ERROR. This is *NOT* a software problem!
    Please contact your hardware vendor
    CPU 1 BANK 5 MCG status:
    MCi status:
    Invalid log
    BQ_DCU_READ_TYPE BQ_ERR_AERR2_TYPE BQ_ERR_AERR2_TYPE response parity
    error
    STATUS 1000001004000e0f MCGSTATUS 0

    memtest runs without problem for 24+h. We updated the BIOS and changed the the
    DIMMS from bank 1<->2 and 3<->4. Still the same MCE.

    I found out that sometimes the BIOS setting for PCI-e I/O performance may lead
    to MCE's and changed the corresponding setting.

    PCI Configuration -> PCI-e I/O performance -> Colasce

    This didn't help either.

    Any idea which part of the server (RAM, CPU, Bus) might be the cause of the
    problem?

    Ralf

    Ralf Gross, Feb 19, 2009