Machine Check ...

Discussion in 'Abit' started by 0_Qed, Feb 28, 2006.

  1. 0_Qed

    0_Qed Guest

    Hey, All Y' all ,

    "That" word usta be a =real= bad word to utter in any Big_Boo Machine
    Room ...
    back 'when'
    .. real peeps ran the MIS_Information Dept , on real "iron" ,
    and
    .. punch cards were 'jewlery' in the pocket of a white broad_cloth w/silk
    tie,
    and,
    .. 'select' folks had a yellow "Thimk" plaque on thier desk, in thier
    "office",
    .. no_less.

    Yahhhh.

    Anyway ...
    to break the "silence" here_abouts ...
    heres an interesting 'app' .

    \quote\
    Machine Check Analysis Tool (MCAT) -
    is a command line utility that takes Windows System Event Log (.evt)
    file as an argument and decodes the MCA Error logs into human readable
    format .
    /quote/

    General DL page ... blerbs & more 'apps'
    ==>
    http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_13118,00.html

    The Target package ...
    ==> http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/utilities/mcatsetup.exe

    5.2MB DL ... a 'DUP' snack .

    Qed

    0_Qed, Feb 28, 2006

  2. Uh oh, I think Qed's finally lost it. Poor lamb.

    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

    Richard Hopkins, Feb 28, 2006

  3. 0_Qed

    0_Qed Guest

    Naaaaayyyy.
    Just an Old Goat eating paper tin can lables, from old tin cans.

    = an 'aside' - the 'good ole days'

    Try a BOM 'pahrts' assembly explosion,
    on a 12K 1401,
    with 4 tape drives available and spinning in =both= directions.
    .... tape random access method ...

    'We' usta schedule "for" a smaller 'operator',
    who couldn't "see" her shoes ...
    to mount/dismount the various tapes involved in the BOM-X run.

    Recall that the 1st 10'+\-, of the tape 'leader',
    hadda be loaded, & wound, on the ritehand, empty reel ...
    which "wind-up" was a two(2) arm/&/handed operation ,
    usually requiring a smaller operator to 'toe_bounce'
    inorder to accomplish the leader wind_up, full reel to the empty reel.

    I was often ( wrongly ) accused of programatically backing up both
    reels,
    upon the closure of the vac doors ,
    thereby loosing the wound tape 'leader' ...
    thereby requiring a re_wind of the 'leader' .

    ?Who? ... Me!!!

    We often thot of asking Howard Huges to view our "efforts" ...
    as part of his on-going efforts at "DD" sized containment devices ...
    and have him (maybe) buy us lunch for our contributions to his
    'research'.

    "That" tape rewind macro,
    btw,
    was somehow, stored in the =official= system macro Liby ,
    and was entitled the " Double D " macro ...
    writ by an Anon author.

    Anyway ... back on track ...
    it seems machine checks dont count nomore.
    They usta did 'count'.

    Qed.

    0_Qed, Mar 1, 2006