MacPro RAID1 - disk has errors, how to repair?

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Marc Heusser, Jun 7, 2007.

  1. Marc Heusser

    Marc Heusser Guest

    I have two Seagate 750GB disks as a RAID1 in my MacPro.

    Attempts to repair it have not yet rendered it healthy yet:

    Verify and Repair disk ³HH25²
    Checking HFS Plus volume.
    Checking Extents Overflow file.
    Checking Catalog file.
    Checking multi-linked files.
    Checking Catalog hierarchy.
    Invalid node structure
    Volume check failed.

    Error: The underlying task reported failure on exit

    1 HFS volume checked
    1 volume could not be repaired because of an error

    I tried from the internatl disks, as well as firewire disks (target
    mode, connected to a Mac Book Pro).

    The machine does start though, but sometimes hangs.

    What else can I do? I do need the data from the RAID 1.

    TIA
    Marc

    Marc Heusser, Jun 7, 2007