    all the time just to see the file at the very top. (It's apparently not due
    to any third party extensions I have installed because I tried booting up
    with all extensions off and it did the same thing.)

    Dennis McGee, Oct 18, 2003

  2. Perhaps you can change the system font to 9 instead of 10 points?

    Mark

    Mark Schonewille, Oct 18, 2003

  3. Dennis McGee

    Dennis McGee Guest

    You mean the font for views? I already have it set to Geneva 9 (I hated the
    Geneva 10, which seems to be the default. Geneva 10 still shows up in the
    "Get Info" boxes though).

    I have the System font set to Chicago 12 (through the Kaleidescope control
    panel). I don't want to change that to a 9 point font -- that would look
    like crap.

    Dennis McGee, Oct 18, 2003
  4. Dennis McGee

    Rich Siegel Guest

    That always bugged me as well, and it never did get fixed. It only
    happens if your list font size is 9pt, goes away if you use the default
    list font of Geneva 10 (which unfortunately doesn't look quite as nice
    as Geneva 9 on screen).

    FWIW the list views work just fine in Mac OS X. :)

    R.

    Rich Siegel, Oct 18, 2003
  5. Dennis McGee

    Dennis McGee Guest

    Ah, I see Rich. I guess I'll have to put up with the lesser of two evils
    then because there's no way I'm using that 10 pt. default list font.

    I've tried putting an "Empty Folder" at the top of my list-viewed folders
    but I was hoping someone had a better workaround.

    I'm starting to wish I'd just stayed at 7.6.1 now. I mainly upgraded so I
    could use the Explorer 5.1.7 browser, but that turned out to have a couple
    of bugs I didn't like and I'm back to Explorer 5.0 now (which I was able to
    run under 7.6.1). I can now use Java chatrooms on the Web, but I rarely
    wanted to do that before.

    Dennis McGee, Oct 18, 2003