    not work at all right. Google should adjust their javascript.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Apr 30, 2014

  2. dorayme

    Király Guest

    dorayme <> wrote:
    > The scrolling up and down is a very useful feature of the Apple Magic
    > Mouse. You would not want to turn this off.
    > But it is a bit of a nuisance on Google Maps because it is so easy to
    > indadvertedly make the slightest up or down wipe that unwantedly zooms
    > the map in or out.

    My Magic Mouse continuously doing unexpected things like that, and not
    just in Google Maps, is one reason I stopped using it. Sore wrists and
    tendons is another.

    I now use a decade-old Logitech mouse with scroll wheel. It doesn't do
    any of Apple's multi-finger gestures but I can easily live without those
    if it means not having to use the awful magic mouse.

    --
    K.

    Lang may your lum reek.

    Király, Apr 30, 2014

  3. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    In article <ljpmpp$fv$>, (Király)
    wrote:

    > dorayme <> wrote:
    > > The scrolling up and down is a very useful feature of the Apple Magic
    > > Mouse. You would not want to turn this off.
    > > But it is a bit of a nuisance on Google Maps because it is so easy to
    > > indadvertedly make the slightest up or down wipe that unwantedly zooms
    > > the map in or out.

    > My Magic Mouse continuously doing unexpected things like that, and not
    > just in Google Maps, is one reason I stopped using it. Sore wrists and
    > tendons is another.
    >
    > I now use a decade-old Logitech mouse with scroll wheel. It doesn't do
    > any of Apple's multi-finger gestures but I can easily live without those
    > if it means not having to use the awful magic mouse.

    Well, I kind of like this mouse... but now and then for some things I
    plug in my other most wonderful Apple Pro Mouse, the tethered white
    all a big button mouse.

    There are some things you don't want the sensitive horiz scrolling for
    with the MM but you can turn this off I think? But on the Google site
    it is surely the javascript that is a major contributor to the trouble
    i mentioned. In fact, many websites using lots of js are really ugly
    in their jumpiness generally.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Apr 30, 2014
  4. dorayme

    Király Guest

    dorayme <> wrote:
    > There are some things you don't want the sensitive horiz scrolling for
    > with the MM but you can turn this off I think? But on the Google site
    > it is surely the javascript that is a major contributor to the trouble
    > i mentioned. In fact, many websites using lots of js are really ugly
    > in their jumpiness generally.

    <shrug> I have no problem at all with javascript jumpiness on any
    website with my mouse. The common denominator here seems to be the magic
    mouse, not the website coding.

    --
    K.

    Lang may your lum reek.

    Király, Apr 30, 2014
  5. On 4/29/14, 8:46 PM, dorayme wrote:
    > The scrolling up and down is a very useful feature of the Apple Magic
    > Mouse. You would not want to turn this off. But it is a bit of a
    > nuisance on Google Maps because it is so easy to indadvertedly make
    > the slightest up or down wipe that unwantedly zooms the map in or out.
    > Even if one is wanting to zoom by this mouse, it goes too quickly, not
    > well controllable. I use the bar + - control they have on the top left
    > as much as possible instead.
    >
    > No good turning javascript off (in browser) because then the map does
    > not work at all right. Google should adjust their javascript.

    Been using a MM since they were first released. Never had a bit of
    trouble with mine-- like it a lot, very convenient.

    --
    Everyone brings joy to my life. Some when they enter it and some when
    they leave it.

    Travis Bickle, Apr 30, 2014
  6. dorayme

    Guest

    Király <> writes:

    > My Magic Mouse continuously doing unexpected things like that, and not
    > just in Google Maps, is one reason I stopped using it. Sore wrists and
    > tendons is another.

    You might like this. Some of the people I work with do, anyway.
    It's very well made.

    http://mmfixed.com

    Billy Y..
    --
    sub #'9+1 ,r0 ; convert ascii byte
    add #9.+1 ,r0 ; to an integer

    , Apr 30, 2014
  7. In article <ljqvdc$cr1$>, wrote:

    > Király <> writes:
    >
    > > My Magic Mouse continuously doing unexpected things like that, and not
    > > just in Google Maps, is one reason I stopped using it. Sore wrists and
    > > tendons is another.

    > You might like this. Some of the people I work with do, anyway.
    > It's very well made.
    >
    > http://mmfixed.com

    I use a wrist pad I got at Staples or Best Buy, it seems to serve the
    same purpose.

    --
    Barry Margolin,
    Arlington, MA

    Barry Margolin, Apr 30, 2014
  8. dorayme

    Alan Browne Guest

    On 2014.04.29, 20:46 , dorayme wrote:
    > The scrolling up and down is a very useful feature of the Apple Magic
    > Mouse. You would not want to turn this off. But it is a bit of a
    > nuisance on Google Maps because it is so easy to indadvertedly make
    > the slightest up or down wipe that unwantedly zooms the map in or out.
    > Even if one is wanting to zoom by this mouse, it goes too quickly, not
    > well controllable. I use the bar + - control they have on the top left
    > as much as possible instead.
    >
    > No good turning javascript off (in browser) because then the map does
    > not work at all right. Google should adjust their javascript.

    Using GM with a trackpad is easier than with the MM which is too
    sensitive to touch when used with GM (or Google Earth)

    Indeed I've changed Google Earth to match Google Maps zoom direction (on
    GM it is selectable ) so I don't get confused between the two.

    The MM has been relegated to the TV room (with the atrocious Apple
    keyboard).

    --
    "Big data can reduce anything to a single number,
    but you shouldn’t be fooled by the appearance of exactitude."

    Alan Browne, Apr 30, 2014