    as much as possible instead.

    No good turning javascript off (in browser) because then the map does
    not work at all right. Google should adjust their javascript.

    dorayme, Apr 30, 2014

  2. dorayme

    Király Guest

    My Magic Mouse continuously doing unexpected things like that, and not
    just in Google Maps, is one reason I stopped using it. Sore wrists and
    tendons is another.

    I now use a decade-old Logitech mouse with scroll wheel. It doesn't do
    any of Apple's multi-finger gestures but I can easily live without those
    if it means not having to use the awful magic mouse.

    Király, Apr 30, 2014

  3. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    Well, I kind of like this mouse... but now and then for some things I
    plug in my other most wonderful Apple Pro Mouse, the tethered white
    all a big button mouse.

    There are some things you don't want the sensitive horiz scrolling for
    with the MM but you can turn this off I think? But on the Google site
    it is surely the javascript that is a major contributor to the trouble
    i mentioned. In fact, many websites using lots of js are really ugly
    in their jumpiness generally.

    dorayme, Apr 30, 2014
  4. dorayme

    Király Guest

    <shrug> I have no problem at all with javascript jumpiness on any
    website with my mouse. The common denominator here seems to be the magic
    mouse, not the website coding.

    Király, Apr 30, 2014
  5. Been using a MM since they were first released. Never had a bit of
    trouble with mine-- like it a lot, very convenient.

    Travis Bickle, Apr 30, 2014
  6. dorayme

    Guest

    You might like this. Some of the people I work with do, anyway.
    It's very well made.

    http://mmfixed.com

    Billy Y..

    , Apr 30, 2014
  7. I use a wrist pad I got at Staples or Best Buy, it seems to serve the
    same purpose.

    Barry Margolin, Apr 30, 2014
  8. dorayme

    Alan Browne Guest

    Using GM with a trackpad is easier than with the MM which is too
    sensitive to touch when used with GM (or Google Earth)

    Indeed I've changed Google Earth to match Google Maps zoom direction (on
    GM it is selectable ) so I don't get confused between the two.

    The MM has been relegated to the TV room (with the atrocious Apple
    keyboard).

    Alan Browne, Apr 30, 2014