Maiboard won't power on with Intel D865PERL und Intel Celeron 2.6GHZ

Discussion in 'Intel' started by Firefox75, Jul 22, 2004.

  1. Firefox75

    Firefox75 Guest

    Hi all

    I'm new here and I got a question about a problem with the following:

    I bought a Intel D865PERL with a Intel Celeron 2,6Ghz.
    My AMD was burned due a failed CPU Fan :-(

    I've installed everything and connect the board with the Power-Supply.
    4pol CPU-Core and the 2x10pol wide one (I don't know the names in englisch, sorry!) Install the RAM which is a 256Mbyte DDR266 which is supported by this board. I don't connect HD's, FD's etc. Just want to check if it workes.

    It won't power on. The CPU-Fan went on for half a second and then nothing more. I've tried other grafic-cards (One is a S3, the other one is an ATI7500)
    But nothing happend. I've tried a DDR333 Ram-Chip but nothing, too!

    Wenn I disconnect the CPU-Core 4-pol cable the mainboard powers on! But nothing works! No POST, no BIOS Screen nothing.

    I also tried to restage the BIOS.

    Someone knows a solution?

    Thanks a lot in advance and greetings from Switzerland!

    Firefox75, Jul 22, 2004

  2. Firefox75

    MyndPhlyp Guest

    englisch, sorry!) Install the RAM which is a 256Mbyte DDR266 which is
    supported by this board. I don't connect HD's, FD's etc. Just want to check
    if it workes.
    more. I've tried other grafic-cards (One is a S3, the other one is an
    ATI7500)
    nothing works! No POST, no BIOS Screen nothing.
    The fan briefly turning on and off may be by design - a "self check"
    feature. The PSU may not be receiving a PWR_OK from the board. Try reseating
    the CPU. If it is not making complete contact with the ZIF socket, some of
    the pins may be missing their mark. If the CPU is missing (disconnected),
    the board won't start and no PWR_OK is sent back to the PSU.

    If the CPU is securely mounted, remove everything from the board (except the
    PSU and processor) and give it another try.

    If you still have no luck, unplug the main power source, remove the battery
    from the board, wait about 15 seconds, reinstall the battery, reconnect the
    main power source and try again.

    If you want to double-check the PSU's fan, unplug the PSU from the board and
    short the green wire with one of the black wires. When you power up the PSU,
    the fan should spin constantly.

    I don't know the names in Swiss. Sorry! <g>

    MyndPhlyp, Jul 23, 2004

  3. I am waiting for this same board to come in from Tiger after I wasted a week
    trying to get an ASUS K8V to work... all the same problems that you mention
    above.. anyway, it was dead.

    doesn't this board beep??

    The ASUS would not even beep, it would just run the fan and produce no video
    signal, etc. finally I unplugged everything (including RAM) except the speaker
    and tried to start it up. NO BEEP...
    that was it. I gave up. I think that if his CPU is plugged in, that his board
    just might be dead.

    might be better to simply return it and get another while he still has store
    warranty on it.

    BTW, my board is a PERLL (what is that second L for??) with a 3.2ghz P4HT cpu.
    is there a better cooler than the aluminium that comes with it?
    Any problems here that I should expect?? My two SATA HDDs are bare, all new
    system with no OS installed, 2 - 512gb PC3200 Mushkin and a Truepower Antec 550W
    P/S.

    thanks for any suggestions here.

    --
    chas
    The new Canon DSLR elist. no trolls, etc

    schuetzen - RKBA!, Aug 14, 2004