    recover them by messing around in there. Is there any way to get them
    back???

    Thanks

    Gavin, Oct 13, 2003

  2. I once had something like this happen. I got things back to normal by
    restoring Mail's preferences from a backup. The prefs file is
    com.apple.mail.plist. I just dropped the restored copy in place of the
    existing one, and Mail was back to normal the next time I ran it.

    Tom Harrington, Oct 13, 2003

  3. Gavin

    Gavin Guest

    Thanks. I tried that but no dice. So I just restored my entire
    ~/Library/Mail folder from my most recent backup (a week ago). So I
    still lost all the messages between a week ago and now, but I at least
    have the older ones back (I know, I know, back up EVERY DAY, I learned my
    lesson. :)

    Gavin

    Gavin, Oct 15, 2003