    Afterwards I did some checking at it appears that all of my saved
    messages, which date back to 2000, are indeed still there. This has
    been an interesting experience with a happy ending!

    TaliesinSoft, Aug 23, 2012

  2. Are you running Mountain Lion? I have mail.app version 5.2, running Lion
    10.7.4.

    -- Michelle

    Michelle Steiner, Aug 23, 2012

  3. TaliesinSoft

    dorayme Guest

    Sometimes, doing nothing and coming back later works! It is sometimes
    the case that server people are fiddling about on a mail server or it
    is down. One of my domain hosts sometimes changes passwords without
    telling me. It always amazes me. It would never happen on the planet I
    come from.

    dorayme, Aug 23, 2012
  4. TaliesinSoft

    TaliesinSoft Guest

    Yup, I'm runnning Mountain Lion.

    TaliesinSoft, Aug 23, 2012
  5. TaliesinSoft

    John Young Guest

    I'm on ML everything on my Mac Is up to date. Mail is v6 (1486).

    John Young, Aug 23, 2012
  6. It may be that he changed the preferences on Mail (either accidentally
    or on purpose) so that it _looks_ different, but is still the same
    piece of software.

    Doug Anderson, Aug 23, 2012
  7. TaliesinSoft

    Alan Browne Guest

    Is that under ML or L?

    Probably not related, but whenever I notice mail slowing down (less than
    1 / yr.) I do:

    Quit Mail (in your case, re-start after making sure Mail
    is not loaded at start in your Login prefs).

    sqlite3 ~/Library/Mail/Envelope\ Index vacuum

    Restart Mail.

    That at least makes it immediately snappy quick.

    May not apply to your issue, however.

    I'm still on 5.1 (1278) under ML.

    Alan Browne, Aug 23, 2012